Distributed Multimedia Database System Phase 1
Context And Goals
This tasks aims at publishing a multimedia database system that would enable each content provider to share his media archive with other G.I.S.S. participants. This media database should be available as a GPL package for most common systems ( debian, ubuntu, ... ) and easy to install on any G.I.S.S. user server.
G.I.S.S. will not provide hosting space, but the package and instructions to set up your own database easily and to connect it to other multi-media archives.
A first version, not usable for giss purposes, has been published in catalan for the internal canal of hangar : Video Canal Hangar
Another one is published here: Video Data Base Artefacte
It has the following features :
- supports ogg/theora and flash formats
- is skinable for each user :
see Chevil Canal for the creation of a user channel.
- upload and conversion of video files
It lacks for now :
- documentation and installation instructions (lluis)
- traduction in other languages (lluis)
- search engine (lluis)
- communication via rss between different installed databases (lluis)
- support for audio archives