Dmmdb component for Joomla! (com dmmdb)
This component to integrate the contents of the Multi-media database ( dmmdb ) into a CMS publication system like Joomla! is supported and beta-tested by telenoika.net.
Dmmdb component for Joomla! : com_dmmdb 2.1.0
After a phase of testing, a few fixes have been made to the component :
- Implement retries on ajax requests to prevent time-out or network errors.
- Rewrite the search mechanism.
The new component is available here : com_dmmdb-2.1.0
to use it, use the instructions for previous version below.
Dmmdb component for Joomla! : com_dmmdb 2.0.1
Once you have installed a dmmdb version 2.1.0, you can include its contents in Joomla! using the Joomla dmmdb component :
download this component and install it in your Joomla using the administration interface ( extensions->install ). then, you can create a component, e.g. a dmmddb page in your Joomla!
creating a component with the following parameters :
- Server Url : url of your dmmdb ( ex: http://giss.tv/dmmdb )
- List of channels or 'all' for all channels : a list of channels you want to see ( ex: giss, telenoika )
- Maximum number of channels : in the case you want to see 'all' limit the number of visible channels, the nth ultimate channels will appear
- Width : width of the component
- Number of videos per menu : number of accessible videos at once
- Show videos in a pop-up window : pop-up a modal window to play videos
- Show search window : show search window
- Show Latest Videos : show latest videos ( default=yes )
- Show comments on media : show comments
- Show most viewed : show most viewed
- Show favorites : show favorites
- Show categories : show categories
- Show videos of the same author : show videos by the same author
- Show videos in the same category : show videos of the same category
- Show videos with the same keywords : show videos with the same keywords
- Show playlists : show playlists
- Show friend channels : show friend channels
- Show latest media on friend channels : show latest videos on friend channels
- Text Color : text color
- Background Color : background color
- Tip Text Color : tip text color
- Tip Background Color : tip background color
- Link Color : link color
You can have an idea of what can be obtained looking at this example :
( go to 'canal giss.tv' )
Thanks to Telenoika for supporting this development.